If I’m pregnant, I’m going to have an abortion!
Posted by Chris Cline on August 12, 2008
- A few hours after conception, a tiny heart begins beating. Abortion is murder in God’s eyes. Exodus 20:13; “Thou shalt not kill.”
- The main argument from abortionists is: When does life begin? If life has begun in the mother’s womb and the baby is aborted, then it is murder. Let’s look to the Creator, Almighty God, to see when life begins.
III. Life begins in the womb, not at birth:
- John the Baptist leaped in his mother’s womb (Luke 1:41).
- David said that the Lord was his God from his mother’s womb: Psalm (22:9&10).
- We are formed from the womb (Isaiah 44:2 and 24).
- God is actively involved before birth.
1. The unborn child is protected and his or her future ordained by God (Ex.21:22-25; Ps.139:13-16).
2. David said, “Before I was conceived in my mother’s womb, thou knoweth me.”
3. Jesus was named before He was conceived in his mothers womb (Luke 2:21).
4. Jeremiah 1:5; “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee, and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee.”
- Young women whom I have counseled who have aborted their babies because they became pregnant by accident or at the wrong time are devastated.
They carry the guilt of killing their baby and will live with that devastating guilt for many years, perhaps for the rest of their lives. How sad!
Pray about it. Think about it. Then pray about it some more. The choice is yours. Please make the right and Godly decision.
Psalm 23:4&5; “Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me it thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.”
Dr. Richard E. Dixon, DMCC